Alberta is the perfect wintertime destination for all wellness enthusiasts, providing ample opportunity to warm the
senses. From adrenaline-fueled activities to restorative retreats set in the stunning Canadian Rockies, active travelers and wellness-seekers will be fulfilled by the bounty of experiences to be had in Alberta. Travelers wishing to start off the new year with a renewed or empowered focus on their wellbeing would be remiss to not take advantage of Alberta’s unique wellness offerings. Here are some of the top wellness experiences to be had:
- Inspired by Scandinavian wellness traditions and the bold ruggedness of the Canadian Rocky surroundings, the Canadian designed Kananaskis Nordic Spa is an excellent destination to recover and relax after a day of snowshoeing or sightseeing. This alpine sanctuary located just outside of Calgary offers a tranquil spa experience for a different take on modern wellbeing. Surrounded by alpine forest and rugged mountain peaks, visitors can enjoy peaceful rejuvenation and meditation practices within a spa setting.
- Located in the mountains a short drive from Calgary is Mount Engadine Lodge, the perfect spot to get away from it all. This unique, all-inclusive property features back-country access to world-renowned cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and hiking with amenities and comforts of a modern resort. Guests can treat themselves to a relaxing massage or a trip to the sauna to further indulge their self-care needs.
- The Canadian Rockies are considered by many to be the ice climbing capital of the world offering world-class climbing near Banff National Park, Lake Louise and more. This unbelievably exhilarating sport requires using specialized tools to scale frozen vertical surfaces. A great activity for individuals, families and kids, with a variety of routes for first-time climbers right through to the expert!
- One of the most accessible adventure opportunities in the winter is snowshoeing. Enjoy the fresh and crisp winter air amongst the beauty of the snow-blanketed landscape so beautiful and quiet. Easy to learn, inexpensive and can be enjoyed by people of all ages, fitness levels and experience, it’s no wonder snowshoeing is a super popular activity in Alberta.
- Thanks to stunning views, revitalizing fresh air and freedom from the chaos of bustling cities it’s no surprise as to why Alberta’s wellness retreats are so beloved. Reset, grow and make meaningful lifestyle changes with an exclusive wellness adventure in the spectacular Canadian Rockies with Evolve Retreat Co. Play hard and take it easy with programs ranging from personalized fitness sessions to sunrise and sunset yoga supported by an elite team of trainers, physicians and lifestyle mentors while fueled by gourmet clean eating thanks to on-site chefs, dieticians and nutritionists.